The Legend of Berek Halfhand is a song sung by Atiaran, and retells the story of Berek's fight against the King. It goes as follows:
- In war men pass like shadows that stain the grass,
- Leaving their lives upon the green:
- While Earth bewails the crimson sheen,
- Men's dreams and stars and whispers all helpless pass.
- In one red shadow by woe and wicked cast,
- In one red pool about his feet,
- Berek mows the vile like ripe wheat,
- Though of all the Beauty's guarders he is last:
- Last to pass into the shadow of defeat,
- And last to feel the full despair,
- And leave his weapons lying there-
- Take his half unbranded hand from battle seat.
- Across the plains of the Land they all swept-
- Treachers lust at faltering stride
- As Berek fled before the tide,
- Till on Mount Thunder's rock-mantled side he wept.
- Berek! Earthfriend! - Held and weal,
- Battle-aid against the foe!
- Earth gives and answers Power's peal,
- Ringing. Earthfriend! Help and heal!
- Clean the Land from bloody death and woe!
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.